MLSA Parents & Players:
We thank you for your continual support of Mt Lebanon soccer. We open up the registration for the Fall-2020/Spring 2021 Travel Teams on April 1st.
Registration will close promptly on May 15th, 2020.
Travel soccer is a sponsored program of MLSA. The travel soccer program is organized by age and gender. It provides a highly competitive training and playing environment for those players (and their families) who have the requisite athletic ability, soccer skills, level of commitment, and can meet the other demands placed upon them.
Please see our FAQ section below to assist you with any questions and to help you become more familiar with our program. Here is the link http://www.mlsa.org/programs/travel-programs-info-registration
- In order to register your player for a Travel Soccer Tryout, you must be a registered user of our website AND register your player(s) on the website.
- Travel Soccer is a two season commitment – Fall-2020 and Spring-2021.
- The program is a total of roughly 16-20 weeks (8-10 weeks in the fall and 8-10 weeks in the spring) with two weekday practices during each of those weeks.
- A player can expect to have 14-16 Sunday games (7 or 8 in each of the fall and spring seasons)
- The cost for the 2018-19 program is $225 and is due at registration for Travel Soccer.
- By registering and paying for Travel Soccer, you are signing up for Tryouts
- If you do not see Travel Soccer next to your child’s name, please be certain that you entered her/his birthdate correctly. Travel is available for birth years 2004-2011 only.
- You can register here.
Tryout Dates and Locations: (Subject to Change)
Please Note: that Registration for the Academy Players (Born 2012) will open in June 2019. Refer to the U9 Academy page on our website for more information.
Important: For players planning to tryout for the High School or potentially the Middle School team (If developed), we ask that you also register and tryout for the travel team as well. This assumes that your player would like to continue to play soccer in the fall in case they do not make one of the school teams. If your player makes a school team, MLSA will refund you 100% of your registration fee.
- If your child can not attend the tryout or decides after registration but prior to tryouts that travel soccer is not for him or her, you will receive a full refund.
- After tryouts are completed, but prior to teams being announced, a 75% refund will be available.
- No refund will be available after a child has been placed on a team.
- In the event that a player is not placed on a team a full refund will be given.
- If your child makes and decides to play for the school team. (100% refund).
Please bring the following to the tryout:
- Water - name on the bottle
- Shin Guards
- Properly Inflated Ball (should not be hard as a rock;) - need just a little bit of give when you press with your thumb.- - name on the ball
2009 and younger - size 4
2008 and older - size 5
- Please do not wear any classic/cup team jerseys or shorts or other gear to tryouts.
- Cleats are recommended for all fields.
Boys’ Travel Commissioner (Don McKay) – Travelsoccerboys@mlsa.org
Girls’ Travel Commissioner (Steve Larence) – Travelsoccergirls@mlsa.org
Program Questions (Tim Defeo) – firstname.lastname@example.org