Join the MLSA Lebo Girls 3rd Grade Academy, our brand new program!
This program is designed to develop young players in a positive, supportive and challenging atmosphere that will emphasize age-appropriate technical development and prepare them to play the 7v7 game, whether it be recreational (Lebo Cup) or more competitive play (Lebo Travel).
We bring all 3rd grade Mt. Lebanon soccer players together in this league to play with friends, learn and build passion for the “beautiful game” of soccer.
REGISTRATION OPENS JUNE 15th and ENDS AUGUST 15, 2021
IMPORTANT: PLEASE ENTER YOUR CHILD'S RISING GRADE (FALL GRADE LEVEL) WHEN REGISTERING
FALL 2021 (September - October)
- Players will be grouped into teams that practice together during the week and play against each other, in a developmental, positive fashion, on the weekends. All led by pro-trainers.
- In addition to supporting players to develop with sportsmanship, resilience and enjoyment of the game, we will also teach:
- 1. Technical soccer skills and technique
2. Rules of the game as played by USSF
- One-hour optional practice skills and thrills session (timing tbd) with guest pro coaches
- One hour pro trainer practice once a week – Thursdays, 6:30-7:30pm at the Cedar Blvd. Turf
- One hour round robin 7v7 game on Sunday afternoons with referees who will also help teach the rules of the game - venue and exact time tbd
SPRING 2022 (April-May)
Not every player will be developmentally ready for PA West Travel League play in the spring and some may not want to yet! We do not want to place players into the PA West League before they are ready. We have several great options:
- Fall Lebo Girls 3rd Grade Academy players can try out in winter for birthyear-based travel teams that will play in the spring. The travel teams continue with two practices per week. They will then play in 7v7 games on weekends in a PA West League against other clubs from Western PA (mostly Pittsburgh area).
- If they do not make a team or they are not interested in competitive travel play, 3rd Grade Academy players can join the Spring Development Program (SDP) to further hone skills in a less competitive atmosphere where they have one practice a week and low-key weekend scrimmages, all led by pro trainers. In fall, they can then join an in-house Lebo Cup Recreational team and play other Lebo teams on Saturdays. At any time, anyone can choose to try out for a travel team in spring for the following fall. Or, choose not to try out and play Recreational Lebo Cup in fall.
- Fall Lebo Girls 3rd Grade Academy players can take the spring off from soccer and play another sport or activity.
Cost: $150 (Does not include spring if player decides to play travel).