PA West Covid-19 Mitigation Protocols
· DO NOT Participate with symptoms (fever, cough, sore throat, headache, etc.) during any training, match, or event.
· If you are sick, feeling sick, or have a temperature of 100 degrees or higher, DO NOT ATTEND the event.
· All players are required to wear a face covering unless they are actively playing in a game. All Coaches are required to wear a face covering while inside the facility.
· Players are recommended to social distance when not playing.
· Coaches and players are recommended to maintain social distancing during halftime, water breaks, and at all times when off the field of play.
· Players and coaches should bring their own hydration and snacks. Do not share water bottles, drinks or food or any personal items.
· No spitting will be allowed on the field, sidelines, or anywhere on the event premise.
· Cover your mouth when coughing or sneezing - recommended into the nape of the elbow. Avoid touching eyes, nose, and mouth with hands.
· Players and coaches should sanitize their hands each time they come off the field and in between each game.
· All coaches and players are reminded to launder clothes, uniforms, and vests upon return home.
· Home team will be deemed to have won the coin toss.
· Spectators are limited to no more than 2 per player.
· Anyone with symptoms (fever, cough, sore throat, headache, etc.) should not attend any event.
· Spectators and guests should bring personal hand sanitizer and wipes to the event.
· All spectators are required to wear a face covering while inside the facility.
· All attendees are recommended to maintain social distancing on the sidelines.
· Everyone is expected to cover their mouth when coughing or sneezing - recommended into the nape of the elbow.
· Anyone feeling sick should leave the facility immediately and go home or seek a healthcare facility.
· Avoid touching their eyes, nose, and mouth with their hands whenever possible.
· It is strongly recommended that people over 65 and/or with pre-existing conditions avoid attending.
· Anyone with symptoms (fever, cough, sore throat, headache, etc.) must not work any event.
· All referees should check their temperature prior to leaving for their first game each day.
· All referees are recommended to wear face coverings while not on the field of play.
· Referees must cover their mouth when coughing or sneezing - recommended into the nape of the elbow.
· Referees should communicate with players and/or coaches while remaining at least 6 feet away; review this with players/coaches prior to match.
· Referees should bring their own hand sanitizer/wipes and liquids and not share gear, snacks, or beverages with anyone.
· Physical contact of any kind will be prohibited (i.e. handshakes, “high fives”, etc.).
· May use artificial or electronic noise makers rather than whistles.
· All referees should launder clothes and uniforms after activities each day.
· No coin toss – away team is deemed to have won the toss.
COVID Contact (MLSA)
MLSA designates Lisa Borrelli Dorn at firstname.lastname@example.org as the primary point of contact for all questions related to COVID-19, and all parents, athletes, officials, and coaches will be provided with her contact information. Please reach out to Lisa directly with a cc to email@example.com with any questions or situations we should be made aware of.
Additional resources are available by contacting the Mt Lebanon School District nursing staff. Contact information for each school: https://www.mtlsd.org/district/health-services/staff