Join Our Team!
MLSA Volunteering and Clearance Information
Welcome to the MLSA! We are a volunteer-based organization. Our board members all donate their time to MLSA endeavors, and we welcome other community members’ contributions as well. In fact we encourage them!
Required Clearances for Adults 18+
The Mt Lebanon Soccer association is dedicated to the safety of all our children, families, and volunteers. Therefore, all adult volunteers must have updated background clearances. This is a state law, and you must have the following clearances to volunteer:
1. PA State Police Criminal History Report (PSP) Act 34: https://epatch.state.pa.us/Home.jsp
Start your Criminal History Report at the Pennsylvania Access to Criminal History (PATCH) website:
Go to epatch.state.pa.us
- Submit a "New Record Check" for volunteers.
- Fill out all required information.
- Record the control number generated to access/print your certificate in the future.
2. PA Child Abuse Clearance Report Act 151: https://www.compass.state.pa.us/cwis/public/home
Start your Child Abuse History Report at the PA Child Welfare Information (CWIS) website:
Go to www.compass.state.pa.us/cwis/public/home
- Click on "Create Individual Account" and fill out form.
- They will email you a temporary password. Once you receive it, return to the website and click "individual login.”
- Choose "Access My Clearances," which redirects you to log in with the user name you created and the password that was emailed to you.
- Create your own password. You will have to log in again with the new password.
- Fill in and follow all directions.
- You will receive an email with your results from them. This may take up to a few days. Make a copy of the background check information—NOT just the email. You may also choose to have a copy mailed to you.
3. FBI Federal Criminal Report—Fingerprint Clearances, $22.60: https://www.dhs.pa.gov/KeepKidsSafe/Clearances/Pages/FBI-Fingerprinting.aspx Use this if you have lived outside of PA in the past 10 years)
Register / pay for fingerprinting online here: www.identogo.com/locations/pennsylvania.
Click on "Get Fingerprinted"
- Choose Pennsylvania from the drop-down box.
- Scroll down and click on "Digital Fingerprints."
- Enter the following code -1KG6ZJ for volunteer.
- Click on “Schedule” or “Manage Appointment.”
- Fill out required boxes on each page and click next.
3a. Signed (Notarized) Volunteer Statement. (Use this if you have NOT lived outside of PA in the past 10 years). To obtain a form, use this URL: Act 153 Volunteer Affidavit - Fill and Sign Printable Template Online | US Legal Forms > Click Get Form
Note: All of the above clearances must be updated every 60 months (good for 5 years) in accordance with state law. Please email all completed clearances to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you and we look forward to having you on our team!