US Soccer requires all coaches and volunteers to complete an online SafeSport training course. The course content includes recognizing child abuse, reporting child abuse, hazing, bullying, and the reporting process. The league commissioner for you age group will contact you with details about how to complete the training.
*The SafeSport training certificate is only valid for 1 year. Each coach/manager must take the refresher course if their certificate expires before the end of November BEFORE they can be rostered. The refresher course is only about 20 minutes and can be accessed through the SafeSport website they were given to take the training and by logging in to that site.
Please use the following instructions for users who need to create an account and access training.
1. Use this link: https://safesporttrained.org?KeyName=JJFAQsQPWNRj01edWcPr.
2. Complete information on “Sign Up” page.
3. If prompted, log in to the new account you just created.
4. Click on “Menu” and select “Catalog.”
5. Click the Start button for “SafeSport Trained – U.S. Soccer Federation” to complete the
6. Upload your certificate of completion.
Previous users should be able to access their existing records with their original User ID and Password. The system may request individuals to reset their account passwords.
Instructions for downloading a certificate of completion are as follows:
1. Please select the “Menu” icon at the top right of your page.
2. Select “Transcript”.
3. Once the transcript page displays, locate the most current completion for the course
under the “Certificates” section.
4. Download the certificate by selecting the “Download” button at the right of the completed course.
For more information on Safesport: SafeSport - Player Safety | Pennsylvania - West (pawest-soccer.org)
All SafeSport Certificates (New or Refresher) should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.