Join Our Team!
MLSA Volunteering and Clearance Information
Welcome to the MLSA! We are a volunteer-based organization. Our board members all donate their time to MLSA endeavors, and we welcome other community members’ contributions as well. In fact we encourage them!
You’ll find something for everyone here, whether you want to help on or off the field – and whether you want to help for one hour or more. We need your assistance to provide an excellent soccer experience for all of our players. The following are several volunteer opportunities:
Looking for these three positions now!
1. Fall Youth Festival Organizers and Volunteers: These are one-night events where the MLSA teams up with the girls (9/27/21) and boys (10/7/21) varsity teams for a fun night where the kids watch the home game at the stadium, enjoy face painting (etc.), great food and raffle opportunities and generally have a blast! It's a wonderful bridge between the MLSA and the high school programs—and fun for all!
2. First/Second Grade Development Program Parent Chaperones: See our Girls 1/2 Grade Development Program page for more info. on this new and exciting program!
3. High School Students: Earn community service hours for Summer Futbol and the Fall and Spring 1/2 Programs
We also always need:
- Lebo Cup Coach
- Summer Futbol Manager(s)
- Adopt a Field Representative (Responsible for field lining and equipment setup)
- RT19 Managers
- Spring and Fall Development Volunteers
- TOPSoccer Buddy
- Travel Soccer Program Coaches and Managers
Please contact email@example.com if you are interested in any of these volunteer positions!
Required Clearances for Adults 18+
The Mt Lebanon Soccer association is dedicated to the safety of all of our children, families and volunteers. Therefore all adult volunteers must have updated background clearances. This is a state law, and you must have the following clearances to volunteer:
Two completed background checks:
They should be available free of charge if you choose "volunteer" when requesting the clearance.
1. PA State Police Criminal History Report (PSP) Act 34: https://epatch.state.pa.us/Home.jsp
Start your Criminal History Report at the Pennsylvania Access to Criminal History (PATCH) website:
- Go to epatch.state.pa.us
- Submit a "New Record Check" for volunteers.
- Fill out all required information.
- Record the control number generated to access/print your certificate in the future.
2. PA Child Abuse Clearance Report Act 151: https://www.compass.state.pa.us/cwis/public/home
Start your Child Abuse History Report at the PA Child Welfare Information Solution (CWIS) website:
- Go to www.compass.state.pa.us/cwis/public/home
- Click on "Create Individual Account" and fill out form.
- They will email you a temporary password. Once you receive it, return to the website and click "individual login.”
- Choose "Access My Clearances," which redirects you to log in with the user name you created and the password that was emailed to you.
- Create your own password. You will have to log in again with the new password.
- Fill in and follow all directions.
- You will receive an email with your results from them. This may take up to a few days. Make a copy of the background check information—NOT just the email. You may also choose to have a copy mailed to you.
In ADDITION to the first two, you also need to have one of these completed:
3. FBI Federal Criminal Report—Fingerprint Clearances, $22.60: https://www.dhs.pa.gov/KeepKidsSafe/Clearances/Pages/FBI-Fingerprinting.aspx Use this if you have lived outside of PA in the past 10 years)
Register / pay for fingerprinting online here: www.identogo.com/locations/pennsylvania.
Click on "Get Fingerprinted"
- Choose Pennsylvania from the drop down box.
- Scroll down and click on "Digital Fingerprints."
- Enter the following code -1KG6ZJ for volunteer.
- Click on “Schedule” or “Manage Appointment.”
- Fill out required boxes on each page and click next.
4. Signed Volunteer Statement. (Use this if you have NOT lived outside of PA in the past 10 years)
Note: All of the above clearances must be updated every 60 months (good for 5 years) in accordance with state law.
In addition to the standard clearances listed above, the Mt Lebanon Soccer Association requires all volunteers complete a Safesport certification referred to as the SafeSport Authorization Act of 2017.
This is a required course from US Soccer. It takes about 45 minutes and will give you a certificate at the end. You will need to log in and complete the course.
Here’s the URL and login code you will need to access the SafeSport training. Upon completion of the program, we ask that you email the certificate to firstname.lastname@example.org:
Access Code: YC3E-6P5G-YYIL-CS2M
For more information on Safesport, please refer to this link: SafeSport - Player Safety | Pennsylvania - West (pawest-soccer.org)
Thank you and we look forward to having you on our team!