The Spring Development Program (SDP) offers great soccer education and organized play to those who are looking for affordable, low pressure, fun, professionally run, “in community” soccer.
MLSA seeks to offer value that is close to home and less of a travel burden on families. The spring development league is a great ways to increase soccer skills and enjoyment of the game. This training program is for those who want to have serious fun while learning soccer skills!
The nature of the training provided in the program may change due to circumstances surrounding the current COVID-19 outbreak, so please watch this space, your email and our Facebook pages for updates.
1– 7 Grade
Players in 1st - 7th grades
Spring session starts the week of April 12th and runs 7 weeks through the end of May (dependent upon weather makeups)
- 1st and 2nd grade boys: TBD. In the past it's been on Thursdays 4:15pm-5:15pm at St. Simon and Jude on Greentree Road
- 3rd and 4th grade boys: TBD. In the past it's been on Thursdays 5:30pm-6:35pm at St. Simon and Jude on Greentree Road
- 5th-7th grade Co-ed: TBD. In the past it's been on Thursdays 6:45pm-8pm at St. Simon and Jude on Greentree Road
- Weekend afternoon - excluding April 12th - In the past it's been Sundays 12:00pm-4:00pm
Each week we have a different soccer move, technical focus and culture theme. We take brief "soccer talk" breaks to interactively discuss the world game, introduce soccer culture, sportsmanship, good sports eating habits and hydration, rules of the game, positive mindset and resiliency.
Led by our professional trainers, there is a quality skills rotation station training, developmentally sound programming and a highly enjoyable soccer experience.
- Small-sided games will be designed in a manner consistent with the needs of the developmental group. We will have set teams with some movement throughout the season to keep teams even. Each team will have a color.
provide maximum player touches on the ball and the ability to further ingrain the skill, improvisation and concepts they have learned the previous Method Day. Matches will be supervised and enhanced by the trainers.
: Size 3-5 ball (depending on age), shin guards and soccer cleats.
8 and under - Size 3
Ages 9-12 - Size 4
Ages 13 and up - Size 5